Short Term Rental Agreement
RENTALS ONLY VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT
- Signed Contract acknowledging these terms and conditions must be returned to Agent within 24 hours of reserving the Property.
- Guest CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT dates are set forth in contract. Check-in time is 5pm. Check out time is 10 am. We will do our best to honor early check in and late check out requests if at all possible. You must receive permission for either in writing from Rentals Only.
Guest may be charged up to one (1) additional day rental for violation of a timely departure.
SURRENDER OF PREMISES. Tenant must return all keys to the Rentals Only office by 10am on your departure date. Tenant must leave Property in a neat and tidy condition. All dishes must be washed and put away, or the dishwasher started. All food must be removed from premises, and all trash must be removed from the Property prior to departure. All windows and doors must be securely locked. Failure to abide by this provision will result in extra cleaning charges. For a key not returned there is a $100 re-keying charge. For each bag of garbage that has not been removed (to the designated trash area for that specific property) there is a $10 charge.
- DAMAGES/ACCIDENTS TO RENTAL PROPERTY. The rental property will be inspected before check in and after check out. Tenant agrees to inform the Agent of any damage found in the unit within one hour of check in. Tenant agrees to notify Agent of any pre-existing damages or accidents that occur to the premises or property during the rental period. This must be reported in writing, prior to final departure from the property. If Agent determines that no intentional or wanton or willful misconduct was done, Agent will repair/replace as needed up to $1500 as covered by the Accidental Damage Protection. Any damage or accident that is not covered by the Accidental Damage Plan or damage that exceeds $1500 will be the responsibility of Tenant and charged to the credit card on file.
- CANCELLATIONS and TRANSFERS. Tenant understands cancellations received 21 days or more prior to arrival will receive full refund less $100. Cancellations received less than 21 days prior to arrival will forfeit the entire amount paid. There are no refunds for early check outs. If Tenant cancels this lease and Property is re-rented for the same rate and term, Tenant shall receive a refund, less any difference in rental rate, taxes and fees, and a $100.00 cancellation fee. If the Property cannot be re-rented, no monies shall be refunded, and Tenant is responsible for fulfilling obligations set forth in this Lease, including full payment of rents and fees. Rentals Only reserves the right to discount the rental rate for the re-rental at its own discretion. Any discounts in the rental rate will reduce Tenant’s refund. All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing. If the property has not been re-rented and the leaseholder wishes to reinstate the reservation at any time after we receive the cancellation in writing, we will reinstate the reservation for a fee of $50 plus all applicable taxes. In the event you have to change your reservation, a transfer fee in the amount of $100 plus applicable taxes, will be charged. Transfers can only be made within the same home of your initial reservation and are subject to owner approval. All transfer requests must be submitted in writing.
- ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS/DISCLOSURES:
Properties that have wood burning fireplaces or stoves will provide firewood for moderate use during the stay. There may or may not be firewood available for excessive use.
Properties that are rented during the winter may or may not have access to BBQ grills. Owners do not maintain grills during the winter or handle shoveling of any decks for grill access.
Walkways to/from parking areas will be shoveled when snow totals reaches or exceeds 4”. Please notify Agent if shoveling or sanding of walkways is needed during your stay. Decks will not be shoveled.
Water/Hot Water/Heat/Lights will be turned on/up prior to your arrival. Tenant agrees to notify Agent immediately if property does not have water/hot water or if heat does not appear to be functioning. Please remember that it is easier to fix a problem if Agent knows about it immediately. Please understand that during extreme cold spells, heating systems may have a difficult time keeping up and may not heat up to the desired temp. Agent’s after-hour emergency number is 866-229-0481. Agent’s daytime office number is 802-464-0904.
$35.00 (plus tax) fee on any returned check. Returned checks will not be re-deposited, payment must be reissued by money order, bank check, or wire transfer.
Any additional security deposits must be received at least 5 days prior to arrival and must be in the form of bank check, money wire, or money order.
Tenant will be charged a fee of $100 if locked out after hours and will be responsible to pick key up from Rentals Only office.
Condo and Townhouse complexes allow for parking no more than two cars. Trailers are not allowed. Additional parking may be available at designated areas, but is not guaranteed. Parking regulations must be adhered to.
Please be aware that many properties are on septic systems and Tenants should be careful not to flush any feminine products or any other non-waste products down any toilet and to be careful to not flush too much toilet paper. Any clogged toilets or plumbing expenses, found to be the result of the above, will be charged to the Tenant.
All rental properties are designated as "no smoking” and “no pets” unless prior approval in writing has been received. If a Tenant is found to be smoking or have a pet on the premises, this is grounds for immediate eviction and potential retribution for future lost income and cleaning fees. This includes, but is not limited to the relocation of future guests, extensive carpet and upholstery cleaning and restoration of property and contents to a satisfactory level as determined by Agent.
Tenant acknowledges that construction and both public and private events may be ongoing at adjoining or nearby properties. Neither Agent nor Owner is responsible for any objectionable noise or activity. No refunds will be given for such occurrences.
- MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE AGE / FAMILY GROUPS. Agent is authorized, through contract with the property Owner, to rent only to family groups. The leaseholder must be 25 years of age or older. A family group is defined as immediate and extended family (parents, children, and grandparents). No fraternities, sororities, church, school, civic or other non-family groups are permitted. In the event that we determine that you are not a family group you will be in material breach of your lease. You will be denied access to the property and /or subject to expedited eviction. All rents and fees paid to Rentals Only will be forfeited.
- Over-occupancy is considered a Material Breach of this Lease. The hosting of parties, which would increase occupancy above permitted occupancy in the rental property, on decks, stairs or anywhere on the property is not permitted unless disclosed and approved, in writing, by Agent prior to occupancy. Violation is grounds for eviction. If approved, an additional security deposit will be required.
- SUBLETTING. Subletting is not permitted and Tenant shall not assign this lease agreement or sublet the property in whole or part without written permission of the Agent.
- TRIP INSURANCE. Tenant acknowledges being offered insurance to compensate Tenant for certain unforeseen circumstances that may cause cancellation or interruption. Insurance will be added to all reservations unless declined by Tenant. If declined, insurance premium will be deducted from the amount due. Coverage goes into effect once the premium is paid. If travel insurance is not canceled within 10 days of the receipt of payment, then the policy is considered accepted and is non-refundable. If Tenant does not accept said coverage, Tenant shall not be entitled to a refund of monies paid, except for contract terms of cancellation.
- TERMINATION OF RENTAL. In the event the owner of the Property removes their property from availability, or if the property becomes unavailable for any reason, agent reserves the right to substitute comparable accommodations or refund payments made. Any additional costs will be the sole responsibility of the Tenant.
- EQUIPMENT and APPLIANCES. Equipment and furnishings at the Property are to the Owner's taste and are set up for normal housekeeping. Kitchen equipment, mattress pads, pillows, and bedcovers are provided. There is also a starter supply of laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, toilet paper, bath soap and fire starters. Tenant must bring their own shampoo, lotions, dish soap, all food items, paper towels, spices and coffee filters.
Under no circumstances will tenant receive a reduction in rent or be relocated for any equipment or amenity failure. Agent, upon being notified by Tenant of any malfunction will make every reasonable effort to have such appliances or amenities repaired. Replacement or repair during Tenancy cannot be guaranteed.
- LOST and FOUND. Items left by Tenant on the Property after check-out are not Agent's responsibility. If items are discovered, they will be returned to Tenant if Tenant notifies Agent of missing items within seven (7) days of check-out.
Rentals Only will send the item(s), Tenant must pay a handling fee of $25 (plus tax), actual shipping cost and credit card fee (if applicable). Any items not claimed within 7 days after check-out will be disposed of.
- OWNER'S/AGENT'S OBLIGATIONS. Owners/Agent agrees to provide the Premises in a fit and habitable condition. Tenant acknowledges that Agent is employed by the Owner and does not represent Tenant. If at the time Tenant is to begin occupancy of the Premises, Owner/ Agent cannot provide the Premises in a fit and habitable condition or substitute a reasonably comparable property in such condition, Agent shall refund to Tenant all payments made by Tenant. In no event shall Owner or Agent be liable for any consequential damage, including, but not limited to, any expense incurred as a result of Tenant's moving or renting another property at additional cost.
FORECLOSURE: After signing this agreement, if Agent learns of a foreclosure of this property, Agent will (a) notify tenant, (b) not disburse sums to the owner of the property (c) attempt to relocate tenant to a reasonably comparable property (d) return all rentals monies if a similar property is not available. Tenant will be responsible for any difference in rent if there are additional rental costs and fees.
- Agent shall conduct all brokerage activities in regard to this Agreement without respect to the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and handicap or familial status of any Tenant. Agent shall not discriminate against any protected class of citizen.
- Tenant agrees to comply with keeping the premises as clean and safe as the conditions of the Property permits and agrees to cause no unsafe or unsanitary conditions. Tenant agrees to notify Agent in writing of the need of replacement of or repairs to a smoke detector that may need batteries replaced during the tenancy. Tenant agrees to allow Agent to enter the property with 24-hour notice for any reason during term of the lease.
- Rearranging of furniture, electronic components, and/or cables is not permitted. In the event Agent has to restore the property to the original configuration, a fee of a minimum of $100.00 will be charged.
- Charcoal grilling shall not be allowed on decks, porches, or close to the property.
- Tenant shall not remove any ashes or logs from the fireplace at any time. If assistance is needed Tenant must call Agent.
- POOLS and HOT TUBS. Tenant acknowledges if the Property is equipped with a private pool/hot tub and/or has access to a community pool/hot tub (the "Facilities"), Tenant hereby accepts and agrees to the following: (a) The property owner provides pool and/or hot tub maintenance either through a third party that is unaffiliated with Agent or by Agent directly. (b) provides pool open/close dates and pool heat available dates for privately owned homes but not community pools. (c) Tenant shall ensure that the Facilities are used in a safe manner at all times and that non-adult use of the Facilities is supervised by a qualified and capable adult. (d) Unsafe and/or unsupervised use of the Facilities by Tenant or Tenant's guests is a material breach of this lease and shall permit Rentals Only to terminate Tenant's occupancy of the Property IMMEDIATELY WITHOUT NOTICE. (e) Tenants are prohibited from tampering with chemicals or equipment. If tenant is found to have tampered with chemicals or equipment, the Tenant will be responsible for any expenses incurred. (f) Tenant shall indemnify and hold Rentals Only (its officers, employees, agents and equity holders) and the Owner of the Property harmless from and against any and all liabilities, claims and expenses for personal injury or property damage resulting from unsafe and/or unsupervised use of the Facilities by Tenant or Tenant's guests. NO REFUNDS will be given for pools/hot tubs not heating to what tenant believes to be an acceptable level. In the event Tenant requests additional cleaning of pool and/or hot tub, an additional fee will apply. Pregnant women, persons taking medication, elderly persons, those with diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease or other cardiovascular conditions should consult their physician prior to entering a hot tub. For safety/health concerns, children under the age of 12 are prohibited from entering hot tubs at any time. Removal of chemical dispensers, misuse and/or overuse of hot tubs may result in health-related problems, such as folliculitis. Tenant assumes risk of illness from improperly maintained pools and/or hot tubs and releases Agent from any liability for injury or damages.
- INTERNET USE. You are prohibited from using Internet access for any purpose that is unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, misleading, torturous, profane, infringing, damaging, or in any manner that could give rise to civil or criminal liability under the law. Tenant understands that Internet use can be intermittent and slow in many areas. No refund will be given for internet problems.
- PETS. The term "pets" refers to dogs only. No other animals are allowed. Pets are not permitted on the Property unless specifically provided in this contract as allowed by the Property owner. If pets are not permitted and a pet is found on the Property, this shall be a material breach of the lease and Tenant will be subjected to expedited eviction, additional cleaning charges, as well as a flea treatment charge, potential retribution for future lost income, including but not limited to the relocation of future guests, restoring property and contents to a satisfactory level determined by Agent and all associated costs. Additionally, NO pets are permitted in either hot tubs or pools. If pets are found to have been in pools or hot tubs Tenant will be charged an additional fee. At no time should a pet be left alone in the vacation rental home. If, in the event of an emergency, the pet is left unattended it must be placed in a tenant-supplied crate-like container made for a pet. Tenant must keep pet leashed and clean up any pet waste. If there is a noise complaint regarding the pet, the Tenant must remove the pet from the premises. If there is hair on furniture or carpets are stained, tenant will be required to pay for extra cleaning as needed. There will be a minimal additional security deposit of $500 for each pet.
- Agent and/or Owner of the unit shall not be liable to Tenant or any other person for an injury, loss, or damage to any person or property on or about the leasehold premises or the approaches appurtenant or adjacent hereto however caused. Tenant shall save Agent and Owner harmless and indemnified from and against any and all loss, damage, or liability arising from any omission, neglect or default of Tenant, his invitees and guests.
- BREACH BY TENANT. Agent may terminate this Agreement upon breach of any of the terms hereof by Tenant. Tenant shall not be entitled to the return of any of the monies paid under the terms of this Agreement and shall vacate the Property immediately. In such event, Tenant shall be responsible for court cost, cost of litigation, including reasonable attorney's fees for the enforcement of this lease.
- GOVERNING LAW. This lease shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Vermont. Tax rates are determined by the State of Vermont and towns of Wilmington, Dover, Stratton and Wardsboro. Taxes may change without notice. Tenant is responsible for additional taxes imposed. This Agreement is the entire agreement between the parties, and there are no representations, whether oral or written, made except as expressly stated herein. Any Action relating to this Lease shall be instituted and prosecuted in the courts of Windham County, Vermont.